Live Auction Terms & Conditions
- Once you place a bid within the Operation Santa Appeal “Live” Auction this will be your
confirmation that you have read and accept these our terms and conditions.
- In order to bid in the auction, bidders must be aged 18 or over.
- Descriptions of all items have been provided by the donator and Operation Santa can not be held
responsible for any discrepancies.
- Confirmation and clarifaction of any item must me made prior to any bid being placed. Once you
place a bid it is your confirmation that you are happy with the description on the website of that said item.
- The Event Organiser makes make no representations or warranties of any kind, express
or implied, about the Lot and in no event will the Event Organiser be liable for any loss or
damage including, without limitation, indirect or
consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from entrance to the
silent auction or use of the Lot.
- Each item in the auction is defined as a “Lot”. Bidders may bid for more than one Lot and
can make as many bids as they wish for each individual Lot.
- You acknowledge that once the Event Organiser running the auction has confirmed you
are the highest bidder, you will be expected to pay for the item(s) within 24 hours. You will be
contacted by telephone on the day and credit/debit card payment will be requested.
- The successful bid for any one Lot being bid for will be the highest bid received by the
end of the Auction. In the event that two or more bids equal the highest bid, the Lot shall be
awarded to the bid received first. Times of all bids are logged by our computer system. There
may be more than one item available of particular lots.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse or remove any bid at its absolute
- Unless otherwise agreed by the Event Organiser, items will not be released to you until
payment/cleared funds have been received
- In the event of the Representative being unable to contact a winning bidder within 24
hours of the closing of the auction, or of the payment not being received within 24 hours of a
winning bidder being notified, the Event Organiser reserves
the right to award the Lot to the next highest bidder.
- If, for any reason, the Event Organiser is unable to award a lot, they reserve the right to
withdraw the lot from the auction.
- Unless otherwise stated it will be the bidders responsible to arrange collection of any items won.
- The auction will adhere to GDPR rules.